At the Kingswood Secondary Academy we enforce our strict uniform policy rigorously. We believe that wearing our distinctive uniform gives our pupils a sense of belonging, helps foster pride in the Academy and stops pupils coming to school in inappropriate clothing or footwear. Pupils are our ambassadors in the community. Therefore, we expect all pupils to wear full uniform when travelling to and from the Academy, at all Academy functions, on extra-curricular visits and when taking part in sports events. Please note that we do not sell uniform at the Academy, it must be purchased online from our uniform suppliers, Price & Buckland - see details on how to do this at the bottom of this page.
Please note that from September 2020, it is compulsory for all pupils in Years 7 to 10 to wear a black blazer with the academy logo/badge. For pupils in Year 11 this is optional. Blazers with the logo on can be purchased from Price & Buckland or, alternatively, badges from Price & Buckland can be purchased to sew on to blazers purchased from other suppliers.
To aid in the creation of a professional learning environment, we insist pupils only wear one pair of small gold or silver stud earrings in the lobes of their ears. The studs should not be shaped or have coloured or diamante inserts. In addition, nose studs and other facial jewellery are not acceptable. Retainers, stretchers and bars of any kind are not permitted. Pupils may wear one small, plain ring.
Hair styles should not be excessive and should have a natural colour/tone. Pupils with long hair, ie hair on or below the shoulder, must carry a dark-coloured hair bobble whilst on the Academy site. Long hair must be tied back when instructed by staff e.g. in practical subjects, Art, Design Technology, PE, Science practicals etc. Exaggerated cuts of any shape or design are not acceptable. Nail varnish, nail extensions, false eye-lashes and make up are not allowed – pupils will be asked to remove them.
Our Academy uniform consists of:
- An Academy tie with a traditional white shirt which has a fastened top button and is long enough to be tucked into trousers or a skirt; the bottom of the tie should meet the waistband
- Black trousers or skirt made of standard material – studs or zips on pockets must not be visible. Jeans, cords, hipster and tight-fitting (eg Revs-style) trousers are not appropriate. Combat-style trousers, eg with additional side pockets, are not allowed. Skirts should be no shorter than knee length and should not be fitted or made of tight stretchy material. Skater-style skirts are not suitable. As a rule of thumb, trousers and skirts should be modest
- From September 2020 black blazers with the Academy logo/badge are compulsory for pupils in Years 7 to 10 and optional for pupils in Year 11
- An (optional) Academy pullover or cardigan, in purple (years 7-8) or black (years 9-11), with the Academy logo. The jumper is compulsory for those students in Year 11 who do not wish to have a blazer
- Black or grey socks with black trousers, neutral or black tights with skirts
- Black leather or leather-style traditional school shoes that can be polished with a heel no more than 2cm in height. No boots or trainers, or trainer-style shoes such as Vans or Converse are allowed. Girls’ ballet-type footwear is not acceptable
All pupils should have a warm coat for the journey to and from the Academy. Denim coats, hoodies (with or without a zip), body-warmer-style coats and caps are not allowed. Pupils are expected to carry a suitable, broad-strapped rucksack which is large enough to carry all equipment, ie A4 folders and PE kit. Handbags are not allowed.
Physical education kit for all years:
It is compulsory for all pupils to have:
- Academy short-sleeved sports polo kit
- Academy long-sleeved reversible sports shirt
- Academy shorts
- Plain black sports socks
- Suitable lace up trainers
In addition, pupils can choose to wear the Academy tracksuit bottoms
The Principal's decision about all uniform and presentation issues is binding and final.
BASIC EQUIPMENT: All pupils are expected to bring basic school equipment including a pen, pencil, ruler and calculator. As a minimum, it is strongly advised that pupils should bring the following items to the Academy every day:
Pen (black or blue)
Pencil x 2
As necessary, pupils will also be expected to bring specialist equipment e.g. maths equipment, cooking ingredients etc.
Electrical items, such as mobile phones or iPods should not be seen or used on the Academy site
The Academy accepts no responsibility for lost or stolen personal items on the Academy site. Bikes and scooters are left at the pupil’s own risk.
HOW TO PURCHASE ACADEMY UNIFORM
Uniform must be purchased online direct from Price and Buckland, our uniform suppliers, rather than via the Academy. As well as having the option to choose where to receive your delivery, Price and Buckland's online shop also gives you expected despatch and delivery dates. Sizing charts for each item of uniform are available on the site, and we also keep samples here at the Academy.
SO WHAT DO YOU DO?
Log onto the Price and Buckland website at https://www.pbuniform-online.co.uk/kingswood
Register your details
Sign up to their newsletter for news and offers
Purchase any uniform you need
Remember to add your child's name to the order
If you do not have access to a computer, you can collect an order form from the Academy and place your order via post. Please note that Price and Buckland do not accept cheque payments. The Academy will accept cash payments if necessary.
PRICE AND BUCKLAND CONTACT DETAILS
Price and Buckland Ltd
Call: 0115 964 0827
Please click on the links below for more details:
We welcome your support in helping us to maintain our high standards of uniform.
For further updated information regarding our uniform please click here.