The aims of SMSC at Kingswood Secondary Academy is to facilitate students to be able to:
- Sustain their self‐esteem in their learning experience.
- Develop their capacity for critical and independent thought.
- Foster their emotional life and express their feelings.
- Experience moments of stillness and reflection.
- Discuss their beliefs, feelings, values and responses to personal experiences.
- Form and maintain worthwhile and satisfying relationships.
- Reflect on, consider and celebrate the wonders and mysteries of life.
- Imagination and creativity in lesson.
- Recognise the unique value of each individual.
- Listen and respond appropriately to the views of others.
- Gain the confidence to cope with setbacks and learn from mistakes.
- Take initiative and act responsibly with consideration for others.
- Distinguish between right and wrong and apply this to their own lives whilst developing respect for civil and criminal law.
- Show respect for the environment.
- Make informed and independent judgements.
- Take action for justice
- Develop an understanding of their individual and group identity.
- Helping others in the Academy and wider community.
- Acceptance and engagement with fundamental British values.
- Explore and improve knowledge and understanding of the value and richness of cultural diversity in modern Britain.
- Understand the values and meaning of being British
- Appreciate fundamental values of democracy, rule of law, liberty, respect and tolerance
- Develop an understanding of the UK's local, national, European, Commonwealth and global dimensions.