Over subscription Criteria
We want our Academy to serve local children and our admissions criteria are published in full on our Academy website.
When the Kingswood Secondary Academy is oversubscribed, after the admission of pupils with Statements of Special Educational Needs or an Education Health and Care Plan naming the Academy, priority for admission will be given to those children who meet the criteria set out below, in priority order:
- Looked After children or previously Looked After Children
- Children of current staff members.
- Children who live in Cottingham, Middleton, Rockingham and East Carlton for whom the local education authority provides transport to the Kingswood Secondary Academy.
- Children who have a sibling attending the Kingswood Secondary Academy at the time of admission of the younger child.
- Children who live closer to the Kingswood Secondary Academy than any other school.
- Other children.
In the event of over-subscription using the above criteria, priority will be given to children on the basis of proximity to the Academy, as measured in a straight line from the child’s home to the main entrance of the Academy.