Year 11 Parent Information Evening
We would like to thank all those who attended the Year 11 Parent Information Evening on Tuesday 10th March 2015.
An encouraging 80 or so parents joined us to discuss issues such as key dates and events during the remainder of Year 11, an overview of support on offer and how parents and carers can best offer support to their sons/daughters. We were also able to provide information/update regarding core subjects. An opportunity was made available for parents and carers to identify how we could further support them and their sons/daughters. The parents/carers made the following suggestions on the evening :
What we’re doing well:
· Providing information and support.
· Providing Revision tips.
· Bringing parents together identifies that all parents are in the same situation and that the Academy can provide support to them.
How parents / carers can avoid mobile technology hindering revision and exam preparation:
· Limit mobile phone/console usage after school, set up Revision Plan detailing times for device usage and bedtime.
· Make Internet usage for revision purposes, not social/communication
· Ensure devices are switched off early and taken out of bedroom.
Some parents/carers who were unable to attend the evening have requested a copy of the presentation and other information that was handed out. If you would like a copy of this information then please contact Jon Lawson, Assistant Principal, at the Academy on:
Telephone: 01536 741857 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
No comments have been left yet.