Success for Kingswood 6th Formers!
Pupils at Kingswood Secondary Academy celebrate Post-16 success
Pupils and staff at the Kingswood Secondary Academy are celebrating after receiving A Level and Level 3 results today.
The Academy has seen more A* and Distinction* grades than ever before, and there has been overall improvements in A Level grades over the last two years. We’re also delighted by further strong improvements in the results from Applied General qualifications. All students who applied to go to university have secured the grades necessary to do so.
While all students have done remarkably well, there are some other exceptional achievements including:
· Ricky Bhagat (A, B, D*) heading to the University of Nottingham to study Neuroscience
· Steph Gore (A, B, D*) heading to Goldsmith’s, University of London to study International Politics
· Louis Macdonald (A*, A, D*) also heading to the University of Nottingham to study Geography
· Liam McLaughlan (B, C, D*) heading to the University of Liverpool to study English
· William Helfrich (A, B, B) off to the University of Lincoln to study Biomedical Science
· Eva Leeds (A, B, D*) off to Stamford to do a foundation year in Art & Design prior to university
Andrew Burton, Principal of Kingswood Secondary Academy, said:
“The 2018/19 academic year was a very important one for Kingswood. Our 6th Form retained its positive ‘Good’ rating from Ofsted along with the rest of the Academy being graded ‘Good’ overall. The results today are a further acknowledgement that Kingswood is an excellent place to come and study post-16.
Our students and staff work so hard together, along with the parental support from home, to achieve the successes that you are reading about today: I am so proud of them all.
Whilst it is always sad to say goodbye to our Kingswoodians as they come to the end of their time with us, it is none the less fantastic to see them move on to higher education, jobs and apprenticeships in pursuit of their ambitions. We wish them continued success: very well done.
Photos from A-level Results Day